INA for Agencies
The International Nanny Association(INA) is the original umbrella organization for the in-home child care industry. INA provides networking and professional growth opportunities, access to educational resources and legislative updates, professional business tools for your agency and a wealth of information for agency owners and their staff members. Whether you are a new agency owner or an experienced “veteran” in the industry, there is something for everyone in INA.
As a volunteer, not-for-profit educational association, we look to people like you who are interested in the in-home child care industry to support our association and help further our mission. We invite you to join our association and become a part of our efforts. You may also support us by purchasing our valuable resources in our eStore that include:
INA encourages all agencies who are committed to providing quality service to join our association. All members agree to adhere to INA’s Commitment to Professional and Recommended Practices.
As an INA member, you’ll have access to valuable industry information and tools you can use immediately to enhance your business and professional development. These include:
- Inside Track to Professional Networking Opportunities. Network with industry professionals from all over the world to develop valuable relationships.
- Access to INA Publications, Forms and Tools. INA offers a wide range of informative publications, employment forms, handouts and tools developed by industry experts—you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. INA publications include: Steps for a Successful Start (for start-up industry businesses), Family/Nanny Agreement, INA’s Nanny Basic Skills Exam and more. Click here to purchase INA publications, forms and tools.
- Annual Conference—Reduced Registration Fees. Our annual conference offers networking opportunities and educational workshops for business owners and nannies. Receive conference registration discounts (includes discounts for staff members). Take advantage of conference sponsorship opportunities (your logo/link will appear on the conference web page) and program advertising opportunities. The annual conference is held in a different city each year and is typically scheduled in early or mid May.
- Members Only Online Community. Gain access to a section of nanny.org designed exclusively for INA Members. Educators, nannies, nanny employers and business owners have unrestricted access to with a world of online resources. Business owners can access insider tips, business building solutions, sample documents, educational information and more. Nannies have access to professional and personal development and more.
- INA Online Membership Directory. Our online Member Directory features the name and contact information for INA Standard and Supporting Members and is ideal for networking and locating industry professionals. Individual Members have the option of having their name, city and state listed.
- Discounted Advertising Opportunities. Reach INA members through advertising in our annual conference program, and the Annual Directory of Nanny Training Programs, Nanny Placement Agencies and Industry Services (available for sale to nonmembers). Members receive a 15% discount on display ads.
- Legislative Awareness of Child Care Issues at State and Federal Levels. INA’s Governmental Affairs committee has a grassroots effort in the legislative arena that monitors legislation and activities related to our industry—both at the state and federal level. Stay informed!
- INA-Membership Designation/Verification. Help professionalize the industry by letting the world know you abide by INA’s Commitment to Professional Excellence and Recommended Practices. INA Members receive a high resolution INA Member logo that can be posted on their web site and printed on their advertising literature. Nannies can feature the INA member designation in their portfolio or on their resume.
- Email alerts when their contact information is given out by the Membership Services Office (MSO). Individuals who call or email the office inquiring about a particular service will be given contact information for the INA Member who can best help them. They will also have the option of having their contact information forwarded to those members to whom they were referred.