INA Nanny Basic Skills Assessment
The INA Nanny Basic Skills Assessment was developed to assess a nanny’s basic child care knowledge. The INA Nanny Basic Skills Assessment is a 40 question timed, multiple choice assessment that is available to be taken online.
The assessment addresses:
- Child Development
The INA Nanny Basic Skills Assessment was originally authored by the following seasoned INA Nanny Members:
- Myrna Alphonse, MA/NCC
- Kellie Geres, 1997 INA Nanny of the Year™™
- Cortney Gibson, Newborn Care Specialist
- Becky Kavanagh, 2006 INA Nanny of the Year™
- Michelle LaRowe, 2004 INA Nanny of the Year™ and parenting author
- Glenda Propst, 1991 INA Nanny of the Year™ and founding member of the International Nanny Association
In 2014 the INA’s Education Committee did a complete INA Basic Skills Assessment review and updated content to conform to the current body of knowledge in the field.
- Individuals, organizations, agencies and other businesses can become MEMBERS of our association. However, membership in the INA does NOT certify, approve, accept, sanction, credential, accredit, endorse, license, or authorized you in any way.
- INA membership will in no way help individuals obtain a visa to the US or any other country nor will it help companies gain a visa or immigration for their nannies to another country.
- Organizations and agencies are prohibited from awarding certificates to any individual who has completed the INA Nanny Basic Skills Assessment or INA Nanny Credential Exam. Completing either exam does NOT provide any individual with an automatic membership to INA.
- Anyone found to be participating in any of the actions above, whether through verbal conversation, through advertising, or any other way will be removed from the INA membership. INA indemnifies itself from any legal proceedings based on a member’s wrongdoing.
Nannies may purchase the INA Nanny Basic Skills Assessment here. The minimum passing score is 70%. Those nannies who score 70% or better will receive a certificate via email, within 7 business days, stating that they passed the assessment.