Members Only Facebook Group
The INA Membership Facebook Group is a highly professional social media forum where only INA Members, of all levels, can interact. There are a lot of social media groups within our industry but because only INA Members can be in this group, it will hold strictly to the INA Commitment to Professional Excellence and our Recommended Practices. Being a part of this group adds value to your INA membership.
The group can be accessed HERE. Before you are allowed into the group, you will need to request to join it and answer a few questions including confirmation of the INA Membership information we have for you and that you agree to abide by our FB Group Guidelines. Once done, our FB Group Admins will confirm your INA membership and approve you to join. This can take up to 48 business hours. Then you can start chatting with like-minded professionals in our association. If your membership lapses, you will be removed from this group.
INA Member Facebook Group Guidelines:
- Commit to Professional Excellence, as defined by the INA:
- Respect the contributions of individuals and organizations involved in professional in-home child care.
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct.
- Respect and support families in their task of nurturing children.
- Promote the physical, emotional, intellectual and social development of children.
- Support the lifelong process of personal growth and professional development.
- Follow the INA Recommended Practices for your role in the industry
- Newborn Care Specialists
- Placement Agencies
- Nanny Employers
- Support Groups
- Business Staff
- Industry Services
- Online Recruitment Platforms
- Background Screening
- Be kind. There is no substitute for pausing before responding, especially of the post elicits a visceral response from the reader.
- Support your fellow industry members when they are having a hard time by using uplifting, positive language focusing on possible solutions.
- Ask for the specific type of support you need.
- Argue. Respectful debate is wonderful. Arguments and heavily-worded conflict will not be considered professional in this group.
- Post photos of your nanny families’ home or property, if they are meant to shame, embarrass, or complain needlessly. Photos of Nanny Family members (including children) can be posted only with the explicit permission of the Nanny Family (INA members responsible for their own actions and posts).
- Take screenshots of the FB page.
- Take your grievances with people or companies within the INA Membership to the group. Instead reach out to that person and/or company privately.
- Bring conversations from this FB group to other groups or forums. The Administrators of the FB group, and INA Board-At-Large, may delete posts, threads, comments, and pictures at any time without notification of the original party.
- Promote your product or company in any way. If others share details about your company or product in the comments of a post from someone looking for help, that is fine. Business owners may comment when tagged by others. They may not use questions to solicit business on their own.
- Privately message group members to sell your products or services unless they have messaged you about your products and services first. You cannot initiate contact with individuals found through this group. They must initiate contact with you.
- Post “off-topic” posts. We are keeping this page strictly industry-related!
Only Anonymous posts will need to be approved before appearing in this group. The exception to this is that on holidays the INA reserves the right to turn off automatic posting in order to allow their volunteer and staff moderators time with their families.
ANONYMOUS POST RULES
- DO stay positive, looking for solutions and help.
- DO NOT call out specific people or companies in a negative way.
- Remember when submitting an anonymous post, that all Admins of the group have access to the name of the poster. You can see who are moderators are under “About” and “Members”