Introducing the INA Members Facebook Group
November 13, 2017
Tags: Annual Conference, Annual INA Conference, Board, Board of Directors, Facebook, INA, INA Conference, International Nanny Association, member benefits, membership, Nanny, nanny agency, nanny agency best practices, nanny career, nanny education, nanny industry ethics, nanny resources, newborn care specialists, Small Business
Introducing the INA Members Facebook Group. This INA Member-only group is a highly professional social media forum where only INA Members, of all levels, can interact. We will have educational live events, group discussions, and other interactive communication. To join sign-in to your INA Member Portal, find the note labeled “INA Facebook Group” then click on the link. Once you find the group, you can request to join. Once you request to join, you will need to fill out the short questionnaire. When done, our Facebook Group Admins will confirm your INA membership and approve you to join. This can take up to 48 business hours. Then you can start chatting with like-minded professionals in our association.
INA Member Facebook Group Guidelines:
- Commit to the INA’s Professional Excellence, as defined by the INA:
- Respect the contributions of individuals and organizations involved in professional in-home child care.
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct.
- Respect and support families in their task of nurturing children.
- Promote the physical, emotional, intellectual and social development of children.
- Support the lifelong process of personal growth and professional development.
- Follow the INA Recommended Practices for your role in the industry
- Be kind. There is no substitute for pausing before responding, especially of the post elicits a visceral response from the reader.
- Support your fellow industry member when they are having a hard time by using uplifting, positive language focusing on possible solutions.
- Ask for the specific type of support you need.
- Argue. Respectful debate is wonderful. Arguments and heavily-worded conflict will not be considered professional in this group.
- Post photos of your nanny families’ home or property, if they are meant to shame, embarrass, or complain needlessly. Photos of Nanny Family members (including children) can be posted only with the explicit permission of the Nanny Family (INA member responsible for their own actions and posts).
- Take screenshots of the FB page.
- Bring conversations from this FB group to other groups or forums. The Administrators of the FB group, and INA Board-At-Large, may delete posts, threads, comments, and pictures at any time without notification of the original party.
- Privately contact members selling your products or services.
- Promote your product or company in any way. If others share details about your company or product in the comments of a post from someone looking for help that is fine. Business owners may comment when tagged by others. They may not use questions to solicit business on their own.
We look forward to chatting with you soon!